BDA is a non-profit project for genealogists and historians. There are many ways in which you can help us to enlarge and improve the Database.
You can assist BDA to improve and increase the data presented in the following ways:
1. Supply datasets or provide permission to copy datasets or tables or biographies you have written from your published books (for example you may have transcribed monuments in a cemetery, or published in biographical format, information about an ancestor or someone you have researched.
2. Submit a biography for a person not yet listed in BDA.
3. Supply additional information about an individual already listed in BDA.
4. Advise BDA of any errors in the on-line data.
5. Link entries of an individual: eg. Link entries found in the Supplementary Index with those listed in the Main Index, if they are the same person.
Methods of making any of the above contributions will be done by completing forms on line which will be available in 2016.
Volunteer your time and skills
We particularly require the services of volunteers who are skilled at reading old handwriting, and those who have a laptop and are willing to travel to record offices. However you can volunteer your time to assist BDA in other ways, by:
1. Undertaking data entry tasks.
2. Calling over data to a data entry person.
3. Checking data against original records.
You may prefer to do this at home, at BDA’s office at North Sydney or at a record repository or library.
If you are willing to volunteer these tasks, please advise us by e-mail (see Contact Us).
Genealogical or Historical Society assistance
A society may be involved with transcribing local records and may be willing to share the data with BDA. BDA will not present that data in full but only one item at a time as part of an individual’s Biographical Report.
One society has already given us permission to incorporate data from their published church register transcripts and an individual has donated transcripts of all monuments in two cemeteries (see Acknowledgements).
Contact us if you can assist in any way (see Contact Us).
Make a Financial Donation:
Financial support for the project is most welcome. Any amount of $2 or more is fully tax deductible.
Cheques are to be made out to BDAL Inc. and posted to PO Box 795, North Sydney NSW 2059. Please provide a return address so a receipt can be posted.